Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fingers Crossed - Healthy at Last

The past few weeks have been very long for all of us! It started a little over three weeks ago with runny noses and led into an ear infection for Anna that took two doses of antibiotics to get over, a sinus infection for myself and Asthmatic Bronchialitis for Max!! Poor Jon is just now getting sick and I am not sure how he held out until the rest of felt better!

What should have been a very happy Easter week with Jon's parents turned out to be our worst week yet since having children. With Anna's fevers and Max having an ambulance transport from one hospital to another, we spent just about everyday with one Doctor or another. I am happy that we managed to have Easter breakfast but sad that we never made it to our dinner reservation. I have some very cute pictures of the kids and Grandma and Grandpa Friedman that I will post tomorrow. Luckily, Anna and Max started to feel better and were able to laugh and have some fun with their grandparents. Thank you Bob and Sally for helping with the sick kids, we appreciate it. We really hope that the next visit is much better.

There is so much to catch up on that I don't even know where to start. Since my last post, Jon has been to Vail. He flew out for a few days of skiing with his cousins and he had a wonderful time. Linda, thank you do much for the beautiful outfits. I plan to put them on the kids and post a picture soon! That was so sweet of you!

While Jon was in Vail, the kids and I took a road trip to VA in the new minivan to see Aunt Chrissy and to see what spring was like. We had a wonderful time and the kids spent a lot of time in the yard and at the park! Who ever would have thought that buds would actually be on the trees! Our last day in VA, Anna, came down with a high fever and we ended up in a walk in clinic. She was diagnosed with an ear infection and that was the start of our endless visits to the Doctor.

Anyway, we enjoyed our first day of spring back here in MI with a beautiful snow fall and about six inches of accumulation! I actually took a picture and will post that tomorrow as well. The real shocker is that we actually had some more snow a few days ago!! We just can't seem to win.

Lets see, what else???? Anna and Max start Montessori school this week. Today was their first day of the adjustment period and they did very well. I just sat in the corner and they went about their business. They jumped right in and seemed to have a great time. I tried to leave after an hour but Anna didn't think that was a great idea and she screamed bloody murder. Tomorrow is the last day of the adjustment period and I am told that she should be fine by the first day of school without me. As of right now, they will go for a few hours on Tue, Wed and Thur from 9:00-11:30. It is just so cute to see them in that setting. They now can point to most of their body parts and they are learning more words each day. We just started to count and they try to say ten for the number of fingers that they have while holding them up.

Our house is being shown but we still have no offers. Only time will tell with this. The only other news that we to report is that I am doing some consulting work for the company that I worked for before having the kids. I am giving it a try and plan to do some work while the kids are at school and while they are sleeping.

Upcoming visitors to MI: This weekend Christy, a twin Mom from the twin group I am in will be staying with Sheri and we plan to have the 6 kids play together over the weekend. I am really looking forward to seeing Christy and the girls again and I know the kids will have fun. Of course, I will post some pictures. Then on Monday, Grandma and Grandpa Contursi will be here for a visit!

Gosh, we really are very busy here at the Friedman household! I hope you are all well and I plan to post pictures tomorrow. I am just way tooooooo tired at the moment.

5 comments:

Jenn H said...

Yikes, thats a lot of illness. Glad everyone seems to be on the mend besides Jon and hope he gets better quick! Glad Max and Anna are enjoying school. Can't wait to see the pics of you, Sheri, Christy, and all the babies!

Christy said...

Wow I can't believe all you had going on the past few weeks! Hopefully you will have happy healthy babies for a while!
And can I say that I am soooo excited for this weekend??? :)

debi9kids said...

I had no idea all this was going on. Poor Dawn & kiddies! I am so very sorry!:( But, glad to hear you are all better now!
I also didn't know that Christy was taking a trek up to visit all of you! How fun! Have a great time & can't wait to see pictures from the visit! :)

Jane said...

You were in VA!??? You crazy girl!!!! Next time, a phone call, please! :) :)

Glad the kiddies are feeling better. Hope spring helps them stay better!!!!!

The Romero-Schroeder said...

I´m glad that the kids are finnaly feeling better! and i hope you have a Great time this weekend With Sheri and Christy