Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Day of School

Today Anna and Max had their first day of school where I dropped them off and went on my way. I have to admit I cried and stood in the hall outside the door for about ten min. They both did so well that their teacher was impressed by how great they did on their first day. This school was really meant for us. I just love it and Anna and Max do as well.

When I came in to pick them up they were happily dancing with some other children. When they saw me, they came running over with big smiles and open arms!! No tears, just smiles. Today was also the first time in eighteen months that I was able to run some errands child free. It was strange to be able to get things done so quickly and not get two kids in and out of the car and car seats.

The three of us then went out to lunch and enjoyed a beautiful sunny day in the park. We walked along a stream and saw two ducks that the kids quacked at.

5 comments:

The Hutsons said...

I wish I could have seen them quacking at the ducks! That must have been precious!!

Tonya Staab said...

I am so glad that their first day went without a hitch. I feel so sad though that you cried .. I would've done the same. Their 'school' sounds so wonderful

debi9kids said...

YEAH! How wonderful that they did so well. I cried the first day Keith went to kindergarten! :( It's such an odd feeling knowing your baby is growing up, but you are far from that yet. :)
Glad you got some child-free errands done.

The Romero-Schroeder said...

OMG that is so great well behaved kids!!!!!!!! Love it!

Terri said...

Glad to hear their first day went so well! Hope they continue to enjoy it. I have another year before the boys go to preschool. The will go the same year that Delaney starts Kindergarten.