Thursday, April 17, 2008

Eighteen Months Old!!

Wow, where did the time go? Today Anna and Max turned eighteen months old. Although it seemed as though this day would never arrive, I fear that I am going to wake up tomorrow and they will be two!

Not so little anymore, my babies walk them selves to the car and can climb up into their car seats, they now open the door to the basement and go down when they like (we always follow), they also open the pantry door and help themselves to a snack, but they are still little enough to enjoy a bottle, snuggle with Mommy and Daddy, sleep in the fetal position with a stuffed animal and look at Jon and as though there are no better parents in the world. They are learning so much about the world around them and I feel so blessed that I get to watch them grow.

This is a picture from their first night home. We kept trying to get a picture without Jon's hand in it, but my favorite shot is now the very one with his hand. Look how tiny!

This is Anna and Max tonight before bed. Anna's jammy top says it all.


Anna loves her new undies and actually totes them around when she isn't wearing them. I think she likes the feel of soft cotton.

Max on the other hand could care less. Anna actually insisted on wearing a pair of his yesterday.
Here is a picture of the very first art projects they brought home from school! Each kite has a beautiful scribble. They have since pulled off every sticker!

10 comments:

debi9kids said...

Oh wow! They just look adorable!
You have started potty training too? I did with Emma only as Will doesn't seem interested.
How is it going with yours? Em knows when she goes (every time she says "I know"), but just giggles on the potty. LOL

The Romero-Schroeder said...

Time goes by so fast! they look so big! Congrats Kids!

Christy said...

You wear real undies on your kids?? Holy moly mama! I'm nowhere near ready to do that! My girls have sat on the potty (fully clothed) but have NO IDEA what they're supposed to do on it!

Love the pictures! Your kids are so gorgeous!

The jones Family said...

Yay for the big kid undies! They are so so so much cuter than a bunchy diaper! How's the potty training going?

The Hutsons said...

It seems unreal that they were that little just a year and a half ago. Beautiful babies then and beautiful "big kids" now! It just happens so fast...

Sheri said...

Ok, you're crazy. My kids will be in diapers until they are 14, as well as sleeping in their cribs and wearing bibs. I am no where near ready to even think about potty training. You go girl!!!

Jenn H said...

Time really has flown by and they have grown so much! Happy (belated) 18 months Max and Anna!!!

Tonya Staab said...

Real undies. Wow, they really are big kids.

I still haven't even bought potties. I can't find any cute ones that would match the bathroom LOL.

Dave and Jenn said...

Ahh..so cute!! OK..I have to know, are your kids peeing on the potty?!? If they are, you have prodigy's my friend!! The other day Livi put the potty bucket on her head....apparently we are not ready yet!!

Alisha said...

They are sooooo cute! I'm loving the glasses!