Thursday, February 21, 2008

I believe I lost the first battle over the kitchen table with Anna and Max. They proceeded to get up on the table this morning. It was a fun game with lots of laughing on Anna and Max's end. It went something like this....

  • They pull the chair out.
  • They climb up and stand on the chair giving me the look that means nothing good is about to happen.
  • I say please get down.
  • They crawl onto the table.
  • I take them down and push the chair in.
  • Repeat all steps above.


Maybe I am not smart enough because I really thought that my persistence and patience (I have plenty of both to go around) would be enough. But, I admit I was wrong and this battle is won by them. At any rate, the only thing that I could think of was to put the two chairs they climb on in the family room. We have already moved two of the chairs to the garage but Jon and I do need to sit at meals. So, here is the new (temporary) spot for the chairs. All I did was prevent them from getting up on the table. Didn't stop the climbing. And they even discovered a new fun game of turning the light on and off....


Other than climbing on the table, Anna and Max had a very nice day. We went out to lunch with an old friend and the kids had fun drinking their first drink box. The straw came out a few times but overall they did a great job and it kept them busy throughout lunch. Oh and the biggest news is that they both slept through the night last night!!!!!!!! It has been a while since that has been the case. They each have a lot of teeth coming in right now.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Are we supposed to win the battles?? I feel like I am always losing these days. HaHa
Do you really need to sit to eat?

Jenn H said...

Hannah is my table climber, drives me nuts!!! Wow, what big kids with the juice boxes (one of the greatest inventions ever!!!)

The Hutsons said...

When did our kids get smarter than us? That is so cute - wish I was there to see it in person.

debi9kids said...

Clever little monkeys!
PS We never win the battles. Thought I would just clue you in right now. LOL

Tonya Staab said...

ha ha, yes I'm sure you saw Flynn climbing up onto our kitchen table in the video a few days ago too. We bought a really cheap table and chair set from Costco. The chairs fold up and slide into a little compartment under the table. Guess what, he can't get on the table anymore LOL.

The Romero-Schroeder said...

They are su cute and clever!