Monday, February 18, 2008

Competent Problem Solvers

Anna and Max turned 16 months yesterday and this morning they astonished me with just how sophisticated their problem solving skills are.

After breakfast, Anna and Max, scurried along to the family room to play with some of their toys. Thinking they were content for a few moments, I snuck away to basement to check email. Seeing as I had not one new email, I was only gone for a short time.

I came up to a very quiet Anna and Max and was shocked to see that they managed to get a box of Valentines chocolate that Jon gave to me off of the dinning room table. Now the interesting thing is that they not only got this big red heart box from the dinning room table, but that they brought it all the way to the family room, put it on the white couch and actually opened it and ate the chocolate!! Yep, both of them with mouths full of dark chocolate (the only ones left as I do not eat dark chocolate) chomping away. I wanted to run down and get the camera but I was so afraid that they would choke. Anna had a large caramel filled piece in her mouth and Max a toffee filled one. Thank God I caught them when I did and that I was able to pry the pieces out. They were in chocolate heaven for a few brief moments.

I guess oatmeal wasn't going to cut it and in order to have chocolate for breakfast they needed to use their newly acquired problem solving skills. The next few months should be interesting.

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

OMG! Too funny!Clever monkeys!
Ok, when I see you in IL, we'll buy chocolates together. I'll eat all the dark ones and you can have the milk chocolate. Deal?

Tonya Staab said...

ha ha ha, cheeky little ones. I don't know if you saw my video yesterday of Flynn able to get up onto our kitchen table and computer desk. Nothing is safe anymore.