Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We are Moving!!!!

I am happy to announce that we will be moving to Clifton Park, NY August 1st. As though we haven't been busy enough, I am getting quotes from movers, researching Montessori toddler programs (there is only one in the area), making Dr. appointments here to make sure we are up to date with everything, trying to schedule time with friends, traveling to Toronto for business and going to the Jersey shore for a week in July. Hmmm, how are we going to do all this?

Jon and I started to clean out all of the junk that we have accumulated along the way and I am happy to say we have done a very good job! I am pretty sure the garbage men weren't happy on Monday when they drove up and saw a mountain of junk awaiting them. At any rate we are leasing our home to a German couple. Ulrich, his wife and two sons will be moving here from Germany for two years for his company. The boys are four and seven and I am sure will love all of the kids in the area. I really hope his wife likes our house because he picked it out on his own and she will see it for the first time August 1st!

Tomorrow we have a playdate planned with Sheri, Elsie and Reid and Jon's parents will be here for the 4th of July weekend. I hope to get some pictures to share.

On another note, we ordered Anna and Max their big kid beds! Max's bunk bed arrived last week and Anna's bed will be here tomorrow. It is very exciting and so far Max really likes his bed. He is sleeping in bed at night (part of the night) and napping in his crib. Anna is sleeping in our bed for both naps (when she takes them) and at night. She refuses to sleep in her crib! So, we pray that come tomorrow night we will have our bed back and she will enjoy her new bed!

9 comments:

Jane said...

CONGRATS!!!! How exciting. You are going to be one busy girl.

Shannon said...

Great news about moving! I'm so glad it worked out for you guys!

debi9kids said...

Wow! Big kids sleeping in beds! HOLY cow!!!

Very exciting about the move! FANTASTIC!!!

Jersey shore in July, you say???? Where? When? How??? Any chance for a meet-up???

The Romero-Schroeder said...

WOW you are going to be so busy!!!! Congrats on teh move

Sharlene said...

I am glad you get to move closer to family. Busy busy!

Tonya Staab said...

I can't believe the move is coming up so quickly and where are those photos from your playdate with Sheri ... I'll go stalk her blog next to see if she's posted some :).

Good luck with everything hon, you have so much on your plate right now.

I'm sure the other family will LOVE your house, it's absolutely gorgeous from what I've seen of it in photographs. I'd live there in a heartbeat :)

Steve Contursi said...

I absolutely can't wait! No news could be better than this. So much to do........I can't imagine. But you and Jon (together!) have weathered many a storm - looking forward to Halloween Trick or Treatin' and so much more......Grandpa

Christy said...

Wow! I'm so happy that you got things figured out and get to move closer to family. Family is everything afterall.

Congrats on the kids sleeping in big kid beds! I am nowhere near ready to do that with the girls! I need to get them out of our room first! LOL

You gonna pass by here on your way to NJ? (wink, wink)

Jessica Kate said...

My goodness girl. So much going on. COngrats!!!
Have you found a new home yet? How exciting!
I'm sure Sheri, Reed and Elsie will miss you.