Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Big Post - Many Pictures

It seems that the past week has been filled with water and playing with friends. Because of the colds that Anna, Max and some their friends came down with, we had to cancel a few play dates. We luckily played with Elsie and Reid early last week at our house and today we played with them at Jungle Java and had lunch out. Anna and Max have been to Jungle Java a lot these days and the older they get the more fun they seem to have there. Jon and I took them over the weekend and we spend a lot of time running around on the top two levels and going down slides with the kids. Today we met Sheri, her Mother, Elsie and Reid and the thought was that the kids would have fun in the big kid section but unfortunately every child in the county was there today. It was a little overwhelming and we mostly stayed in the toddler section. Poor Elise missed her nap and was pretty much ready to go once we arrived. Anna and Max had a very tough morning and needed a morning nap making us a little late. Things are never that easy!


All of you reading this from the west coast or those of you that live down south may not understand this, but yesterday it was sunny and even though it was only 40 degrees outside, the kids had fun playing outside. They pushed one of their lawn mowers around and they had a ton of fun in a mud puddle. I just could not say no to them. These poor children have been tramped in this house for way too long and they were having so much fun. I even set up a water table for them to play with in the house. Spring, where are you????


Over the weekend we took the kids sledding on the big hill at the elementary school. I think Jon and Max had the most fun and it will be nice next year when the kids can actually walk themselves up the hill. I regret that I didn't have the camera with me but I am sure we will have another chance to go again this year. The snow just keeps coming.

There are some random pictures and videos below. Max and Anna now make muscles and grunt. I didn't get a great video of it, but it is still funny to watch.







8 comments:

The Hutsons said...

The best part of the first video was you making noises (jk) - those kids are so cute I can't take it!

The best laugh I've had all day was watching them going in and out of the water. They were like little penguins. I love that you let them do that! Oh - and I'm calling DSS. ; >

debi9kids said...

Well, I've been wondering when you were going to post! LOL
That first picture reminds me so much of Emma! It must be the facial expression. :)
The videos are just adorable & I agree with Chris, the best thing about the video is you. LOL
ps LOVE that they are mowing the "lawn". heehee

Shannon said...

Great pictures and videos! I especially love them splashing in the puddle. You're right, sometimes you've gotta just let them, its so much fun! They are so cute!

The Romero-Schroeder said...

Love the videos, so great to see more of them!!!

Andrea said...

You are such a fun Mommy letting them splash in the big puddle!!! That was so funny!

Tonya Staab said...

ha ha, love that video of them making muscles. So so cute.

Sheri said...

You know, all I have to say is that you are one crazy mom. My kids will be begging me to take them to your house because you let them get all wet and dirty. We'll see, maybe I'll ease up when it gets warm out.

Jenn H said...

Loved the new pictures and videos!!! I miss seeing snow!